- This model is a working example of the gyroscopic governor and speed controller developed and patented by Joseph Reid in 1879. Based on the principles of the gyroscope, this governor was very sensitive to changes in speed. As speed increases, the gyroscope wheel moves up actuating a lever that controls a steam valve to throttle back the steam supplied to the steam engine being controlled.
- This model is an excellent gyroscopic demonstration tool or conversation piece to decorate your desk. The detailed drawings cover machining and assembly of a Gyroscopic Action Steam Engine Governor and speed regulator model patented August 1, 1879 by Joseph Reid.
- Scale: About 1 inch = 1 inch on patent dawings
- Overall height of model: 8 inches
- 4 sheets (11 x 17) CAD drawings include copy of US Patent #220867, machining and assembly details, and section views to aid assembly