Using the 3C Lever Collet Closer
Anyone doing repetitive lathe operations on small parts will find this new accessory saves a lot of time when holding parts in a 3C collet. Instead of loosening and retightening the drawbar each time a part is inserted, with this closer you make that adjustment just one time. After that, the collet is released and retightened simply by pushing a lever back and forth. Moving the lever to the right releases the part from the collet, a new part is inserted, and the lever is moved back to the left to lock the part in the collet.
Long stock up to 1/2″ in diameter can be held through the 3C collets and spindle. Larger parts can be held in one of our 3- or 4-jaw chucks with the use of our chuck adapter (P/N 97-10670).
With the addition of the 3C Lever Collet Closer, our customers are one step closer to full automation of their 3C collet headstock. We used the same tried and proven design as our 97-1150 Lever Collet Closer along with the same high-grade materials and hardened steel parts. This is a very well designed accessory and very durable. It will give our customers years of trouble-free, dependable use.
- Easy to install—Remove the end piece from your 3C headstock spindle and replace it with P/N 11512C. Use the set screw P/N 30129 to keep the part from threading off during use. Note: Just tighten the set screw until it is snug, DO NOT overtighten it.
- Using the screws that are supplied, mount the base to the 3C headstock riser block P/N 59129, or to your Sherline Lathe base.
- Installation and operation are covered in the thorough, illustrated instructions that come with this accessory.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The 3C Lever Collet Closer ships with a mounting base, however, you will need to select the proper mounting base for your needs when placing your order.
- P/N 11520SL—Standard lathe mounting base (4000 and 4400 models)
- P/N 11521CL—Chucker lathe mounting base (6600 models)
- Additional Information