Anyone doing repetitive operations using WW collets on the Sherline lathe will appreciate the speed and convenience of this collet closer. Once adjusted to approximate closing position with the drawbar, the collet is pulled closed tightly onto the part with just a short movement of the locking lever. Releasing the part is just as easy. Simply push the lever to the right and slide up the remaining raw material for the next part.
- Easy to install - just tap one existing 4-40 hole in the spindle (if not already tapped for threading attachment).
- Wear parts are made from A2 hardened steel, yoke is made from 1018 steel and ball carrier and other parts are made from brass and 12L14 steel
- Long stock up to 3/16 diameter can be passed through the spindle and collet
- Larger parts can be held with WW collets up to 3/8" (8mm) or in a custom machined WW pot chuck
- Includes 3/8" knockout bar plus special #1 Morse to WW collet adapter with pin to engage keyway in collet to prevent rotation
- Illustrated installation and operation instructions are included
- WW Lever Collet Closer - Standard (P/N 97-1150) will fit the standard height headstock
- WW Lever Collet Closer - Extended (P/N 97-11501) with substitute Lever Collet Closer Riser Base (P/N 97-1152) will fit the standard headstock with used with Lathe Headstock Spacer (P/N 97-1297). This configuration is used with the Mk-III Bed Turret.
- Additional Information